Monday, December 22, 2008

Coincidence? I Think Not!

A few days ago, I wrote a post about adjusting strategy for contest size in daily contests. I thought it was one of my better recent posts. It happens that I used some of my free player points at DraftHero to enter their "50 person" NFL contest yesterday. Because the site is so new, only 15 people entered, so my odds were pretty good from the beginning. Its worth mentioning that I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the NFL. I like football, but just don't follow it very closely. I used the high variance strategy I discussed in the blog post though, picking 5 players from New Orleans...and came in 2nd out of 15 people...and $9 richer. The strategy I described really does work (although I obviously got lucky to succeed on my first try) in games like Draft Hero, Fantasy Sports Live, and Snap Draft. If you're interested in signing up for Draft Hero and getting free player points that allow entry in $4 of real money contests, use my promotional code ("zoobird") and go to Draft Hero.

No comments: