Monday, March 2, 2009

How Not To Prepare

Tonight is the draft for the league I mentioned a while back. It's a Yahoo 5*5 league. On base percentage replaces batting average. My opponents are people I barely know or don't know. The one thing they have in common is that they're really serious about poker. At least one (probably more) are professional poker players. One of the most important steps to prepare for any league that you're determined to win is to pre-rank ALL of the players. It'll help you make the right choice in the heat of the moment, and it will ensure that your draft isn't a disaster if you lose connectivity or are interrupted by an emergency. I haven't done it, and won't get to by tonight. We'll see if I end up regretting it. I'll post results of the draft in the next day or two. I have another draft coming up in a few weeks. That one will be against a group of professional sports bettors, and will be a Yahoo standard fantasy baseball format.

No comments: